UBC Working Papers in Linguistics
Welcome to the main page of the UBC Working Papers in Linguistics (UBCWPL) web site. Here you can find information on volumes UBCWPL has published as well as resources for authors of upcoming publications.
UBCWPL publishes papers from the following conferences.
- The International Conference on Salish and Neighboring Languages (ICSNL)
- The Northwest Linguistics Conference (NWLC)
- The Workshop on Structure and Constituency in the Languages of the Americas (WSCLA)
We also publish the qualifying papers of UBC Linguistics Ph.D. students.
In addition, UBCWPL occasionally publishes volumes of papers from sources other than those listed above:
UBCWPL volumes are published either in print or electronic format as PDFs. The electronic volumes are free and can be downloaded from the Volumes page. To order print volumes, follow the instructions at:
The authors page gives links to the UBCWPL style sheets, templates and submission deadlines:
- Natalie Weber –– editor-in-chief, style sheets, email
- Joel Dunham –– tech/website
- Erin Guntly –– treasurer, shipping, inventory
- Zoe Lam –– UBCWPL handbook
- Andrei Anghelescu –– archivist/digitization
- Sihwei Chen –– archivist/digitization
- Emily Sadlier-Brown –– archivist/digitization, secretary
UBCWPL c/o Department of Linguistics University of British Columbia 2613 West Mall Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4 Canada
The image at the top of the page is used on all UBCWPL volume covers and was created by Lester Ned Jr.