The Department of Linguistics invites applications for sessional lecturers to teach in Term 1 of 2023 Summer.
Summer Term 1 (May 15 through June 30, 2023):
- LING 101 Section 921 – ONLINE Lectures 17:30-20:30 on Mondays & Wednesdays
- LING 222 Section 921 – ONLINE Lectures 14:00-17:00 on Tuesdays & Thursdays
Applicants must hold a PhD or have advanced to full candidacy by the application deadline. PhD candidates at UBC must have the authorization of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies to teach as sessional lecturer. The settlement of any outstanding fees may be a precondition for such authorization.
Appointments are subject to budgetary constraints. Salary depends on rank and experience.
Applications must include:
- Brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position;
- Curriculum vitae (CV);
- Recent teaching evaluations or other evidence of teaching effectiveness; and
- Contact details of two referees who can speak to your teaching effectiveness.
Applications must be submitted via this online form: https://ling.air.arts.ubc.ca/2023s-sessional-application/ by March 21, 2023 for Summer Term 1 positions.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.