The Department of Linguistics invites you to submit an application for the position of Camp Volunteer for Summer 2022. We are looking to recruit individuals to volunteer at the “Fun with English Language!” camp and the “Language Detectives” camp.
The goal of these camps is to engage children with language-oriented activities in a fun and interactive way.
This is a great opportunity to gain leadership and program development skills while working with children and drawing out their passion for language!
The camp itself runs weekdays throughout the summer from July 4th – September 2nd, from 9am – 4pm. Minimum commitment is one week, and you can choose more than one session (Monday to Fridays: 8:45am-12pm, 1pm-4pm, or 8:45-4pm with an hour break).
- Ensuring the fun and safety of children, ranging from 6-11 years old
- Following the Coordinator and the Instructors instructions
- Helping the Coordinator and the Instructors prepare camp materials
- Participating in camp activities
- Must be 16 or older
- Experience working with children in group settings is preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin is an asset
- Current Criminal Record Check completed by the start of volunteering
- Current First-aid/CPR certification completed by the start of volunteering (either standard first aid, or emergency first aid)
- If under the age of 18, parent/guardian consent is required once the approval of the application
- Mandatory Training
UBC – Totem Field Studios, 2613 West Mall
Please complete this form: https://ling.air.arts.ubc.ca/2022-summer-camps-volunteers/. You will be required to fill out personal information (name/contact information), your availability, and a resume. Applications must be submitted a week before the selected volunteering date.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com