The speech sciences honours program provides advanced training to outstanding students intending to pursue further graduate studies in speech-language pathology and/or audiology.
Students in the honours program must take at least 69 credits, but no more than 72 credits, in linguistics and related areas, subject to the following requirements:
- LING 200, 201, 209 and 222
- PSYC 101 and 102
- LING 333 and STAT 203
- LING 300, 311, 313 and 314
- LING 447
- LING 449 (Honours Essay) — See the Courses page for the form to fill out.
- LING 451 or 452
- An additional 21 credits from AUDI 402 and 403; LING 300-level and higher; selected PSYC 300-level and higher
Admissions into the honours program requires:
- An overall average of 76% or higher in at least 33 credits including LING 200 and 201
- A final grade of at least 80% in LING 200 and 201
- Approval from the Linguistics Undergraduate Advisor
For more information, visit the academic advising page and set up an appointment with an advisor.